- Lovosice is located in the plain of river Elbe, in the mountains called “Ceske stredohori”
- The biggest dominant point in Lovosice are: the town hall built in 1907, renaissance castle from the 16th century and baroque St. Venceslas church
- Lovosice has about 9400 inhabitants
- Long tradition in industrial production, traditional centre of chemical industry, the chemical industry started to develope here in 1900, seat of the company Lovochemie a. s.
- At the beginning of 1990 the local business attracted some foreign investors as: Glanzstoff Bohemia (Austria), Lafarge Cement (France), Opavia LU (France) etc.
- Since 2002 centre of automotive industry, seat of the companies TRIS Czech s. r. o., TRCZ s. r. o. (TOKAI RIKA) and AOYAMA Automotive Fasteners Czech s. r. o.
- In Lovosice there are primary schools, grammar school, engineering school